Have you started a dog business and want to get your puppies, products, or services out there? If so, this article will show you how to create a Google Business Profile (GBP). But first, let’s take a look at what Google Business Profile is and why you should have a listing!
What is Google Business Profile?
Google Business Profile (previously Google My Business) is a free service that helps people find your business online. It’s also the best way for you to manage your online reputation and make it easier for potential customers to get in touch with you.
Google Business Profile lets you control how your dog business information appears on Google Search and Google Maps. You can add photos, videos, operating hours, updates, and more – all in one place! When someone searches for something related to what you do (like “dog breeders near me”), they’ll see those details right away alongside ads matched specifically for them based on their search history and other signals from the web at large (we call this personalization).
Why Create a Google Business Profile for Your Dog Business?
Now that we’ve covered what Google Business Profile is, here’s why you should create one for your dog business:
- It’s easy and free!
- Increase your online presence and visibility on Google.
- Gain and grow your credibility through reviews.
- Share information about your dog business with people who are searching for it or your category on Google Search or Maps.
- See how many people are searching for your business every month so you know if it’s worth spending money on advertising campaigns like Facebook Ads or Google Ads.
How to Create a Google Business Profile for Your Dog Business
To create a Google Business Profile for your dog business, follow these steps:
- Go to https://business.google.com.
- Click “Manage now”.
After you’ve created a Google business account, or signed in if you already have one, follow these steps:
- Fill out your dog business name and category (e.g., “dog walker”).
- Add your location (if you prefer to keep your address private – e.g. you operate your business from a residential address – you can choose to turn “Show business address to customers” off by navigating to the “Location” tab and editing “Business location” from your profile after it’s created).
- Choose your service area(s).
- Add your contact information.
- Opt in to updates and recommendations (optional).
- Verify your listing.
How to Optimize Your Dog Business Listing
Once you’ve gotten your Google Business Profile set up and verified for your dog business, you can then follow these steps to optimize your listing:
- Add your hours of operation.
- Add specific services you offer.
- Write a business description that includes what you do and why people should choose your business over others in the area.
- Upload photos of the space where you work and your services and/or products in action, so potential customers can get an idea of what to expect before they book an appointment or purchase.
—We hope this article has been helpful in learning how to create a Google Business Profile for your dog business. If you have any questions or would like further help with this process, please reach out to us. We can’t wait to learn more about your dog business!